Green bean blue jeanPosted: July 11, 2011
My parents have our family over almost every Sunday. It is a great way to end the weekend, catch up with the family, and have a great meal! This weekend’s meal was so good, I wanted to share. Grilled, marinated chicken, corn pudding, and green beans!
The chicken was marinated in this cilantro lime concoction from Paula Deen.
This is a great way to dress up your green beans! Blue jeans optional.
Jean’s Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I used Tarragon vinegar. I imagine any flavored vinegar would be great.)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Set a steamer basket insert into a large saucepan and fill with water to a level just below the steamer. Bring to a boil. Add green beans, and steam to your desired degree of tenderness, or about 5 minutes.
- Once the beans have cooked, transfer them to a serving bowl. Toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove garlic slices and serve.
Adapted from this allrecipes.com recipe.