Cherry tomato summer yumPosted: August 5, 2011
I had a pint of cherry (grape? is there a difference?) tomatoes and some fresh basil in the kitchen, so I decided to make this recipe from skinnytaste.com. I am not in the Weight watcher program, but if I was, I think this website would be my go-to for recipes because she posts the points, calories and all that stuff you need to know. We’ve made a bunch of very tasty things from this blog.
This dish was great, especially the fresh tomatoes which were like little bursts of summer in your mouth. I think if I were to make any changes, I would add more tomatoes or zucchini. I did not measure the tomatoes I had so perhaps 2 cups is more than the pint I had. I’d also add the basil right before serving. I left this in the pan for a few minutes and the basil cooked a bit and wasn’t as fresh.
Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, diced in 1 inch cubes
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dries basil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to
boil. Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When
hot, spray with oil and add chicken. Cook about 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set
2. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
3. While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn). Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes.
4. When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta
water. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well. Serve and top with good grated cheese.