There weren’t many posts this week because our family was in sunny Marblehead, Ohio.
We climbed some rocks.
And fed animals from our car at the African Safari Wildlife Park.
We were on vacation from our CSA as well, so I don’t have the weekly post on what we received. But we did go raspberry picking today at Rosby Berry Farm.
Hopefully, I’ll have some good raspberry recipes to post using some of the 6 quarts we picked. The berries were so plentiful, we picked quite a few.
My parents have our family over almost every Sunday. It is a great way to end the weekend, catch up with the family, and have a great meal! This weekend’s meal was so good, I wanted to share. Grilled, marinated chicken, corn pudding, and green beans!
The chicken was marinated in this cilantro lime concoction from Paula Deen.
This is a great way to dress up your green beans! Blue jeans optional.
Jean’s Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I used Tarragon vinegar. I imagine any flavored vinegar would be great.)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Set a steamer basket insert into a large saucepan and fill with water to a level just below the steamer. Bring to a boil. Add green beans, and steam to your desired degree of tenderness, or about 5 minutes.
- Once the beans have cooked, transfer them to a serving bowl. Toss with olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, vinegar, and Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes. Remove garlic slices and serve.
Adapted from this allrecipes.com recipe.